So, you’re a trainer – what now? This CTAA comprehensive web-based course offers information, techniques and methodologies for in-house trainers on how to effectively train new & veteran employees within a transit system. The course will cover:
· Understanding the Adult Learner
· Communication Effectiveness When Training
· The 4 Characteristics of an Effective Trainer
· Proven Techniques for Teaching a Skill
· Proven Techniques for Addressing Motivation & Attitude
· Training Methods That Work
The participant will be guided through a video presentation that offers best practices used in adult education to assist the trainer in planning, developing and delivering workshops to front-line personnel that lead them to be “trained to proficiency.” Materials will include a variety of exercises that will expand the participant’s understanding of how to be an effective in-house trainer that teaches and motivates others to be safe, skilled, confident and professional.